Learning and development is identifying what capabilities, skills and competencies are required to ensure a sustainable successful organisation, and the mechanism to deliver them. Its about creating the governance and management process to ensure a dynamic environment where issues and opportunities are acted on in a timely and effective manner.
How will this be achieved?
- Identify what is required from each role.
- Understand what skills exist within the organisation.
- Develop a mechanism that continually assesses the opportunities to develop people enabling them to be prepared for their upcoming challenges.
- Create a process to ensure L&D is part of work- its how we maintain our people asset.
Why would you do this?
- To ensure people have the necessary skills to carry out and improve their work.