Enabling Site Wide Cultural Change
A European site of a Global Pharmaceutical blue-chip organisation wished to refocus its continuous improvement programmes
to enable site wide cultural change.
S A Partners assisted with a detailed analysis of current state at all levels of the organisation using a holistic Enterprise Excellence Benchmark Assessment Tool, and an implementation framework that used our Leadership Development Programme . The assessment highlighted a significant disconnect between management and shop floor levels. The site has a history of industrial action which resulted in a factional, negotiation based environment where ‘CI culture’ had little chance of development beyond salaried staff level. The site,while meeting its supply chain performance requirements, had significant opportunities to improve process performance in terms of capacity, lead time and right first time.
- An 80% reduction in batch rejections
- A doubling of annual production supported by parallel capacity increases with support functions
- Active engagement of maintenance groups in continuous improvement activity through process reliability and robustness programme
- A reduction in process change over times from an average of fourteen days to a consistent standard five-dayturnaround
- Site viewed as leader in the practical application of enterprise excellence within the global corporation
- Zero product supply issues
If you are in this sector, and would like to find out how S A Partners could help you, contact oursector head John Quirke.
To view the case study simply click on the download link.