S A Partners are pleased to announce that the Shingo Institute’s, recently held European Summit, which took place on October 13-14 in Ballincollig, Ireland at the Oriel House was a great success.
The Shingo European Summit featured industry leaders as speakers and was well attended by businesses and organisations from around Europe. The main subject of the summit was ‘ways in which leaders and managers can improve their organizations’.
Attendees were mostly local business leaders and managers from large manufacturing companies, but there were also executives from healthcare, finance, and other industries. All the speakers that attended the summit were high-ranking corporate officers who have improved overall business performance in a sustainable way by using principles of the Shingo Model™. Speakers at the Shingo European Summit included:
- Michael Crowe, Division Vice President at Abbott Vascular
- Rick Edgeman, Research Director and Management Professor at the Shingo Institute
- Christian Houborg, VP of Service and Technical Operations at H. Lundbeck A/S
- Gary Peterson, Executive VP of Supply Chain and Production at O.C Tanner Company
- James Winters, VP of Manufacturing at DePuy Orthopaedics Worldwide
- Ken Snyder, Executive Director at the Shingo Institute
Topics discussed at the Shingo European Summit included:
- Lean-driven innovation Using the Shingo Model™ in non-manufacturing environments
- Using the Shingo Model™ in academic settings
- How associates live operational excellence
- Facilitating a culture of improvement
- Equipping and running lean factories with customer-focused principles
- How leaders build sustainable cultures of excellence
Also in attendance at the summit were representatives from SA Partners, a Shingo licensed affiliate that offers workshops on how to use the Shingo Model™ to shape an organization’s culture to foster continuous improvement and constancy of purpose. Shingo Institute licensed affiliates are listed at Shingo.org/affiliates. Next year’s Shingo European Summit is scheduled to be in Copenhagen, Denmark.
About the Shingo Institute
Housed at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University, the Shingo Institute is named after Japanese industrial engineer, and Toyota advisor, Shigeo Shingo. Shingo distinguished himself as one of the world’s thought leaders in concepts, management systems and improvement techniques that have become known as the Toyota Production System.
Drawing from Shingo’s teachings and years of experience working with organizations throughout the world, over the past 27 years the Shingo Institute has developed the Shingo Model™ which is the basis for several educational offerings including workshops, study tours and conferences. The Shingo Institute is also the home of the Shingo Prize®, an award that recognizes organizations that demonstrate an exceptional culture that continually strives for improvement and progress.
S A Partners offers workshops run by The Shingo Institute as a licensed affiliate. For more information on the workshops, affiliates or to register to attend the International Shingo Conference, visit www.shingo.org.