Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), what is it?
Total Productive Maintenance, allows you to unlock your installed productive capacity, by unlocking the full potential of your people within the organisation. The TPM system achieves this by providing a structured and systematic approach which is very practical, time-tabled and scheduled. TPM also encourages wide-engagement, bottom up, with clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, and is proven to be sustainable in the right hands.
You can view our Systems Excellence page to see all systems that are essential for organisations to function effectively.
What is the TPM system going to achieve?
- To develop a system whereby physical assets are introduced, managed and retired within the organisation by realising their total lifecycle productive potential
How will this be achieved?
- Identify current asset condition and assess its future requirements.
- Develop plans to optimise performance, retire and/or replace where appropriate.
- Investigate new or alternative technologies that could supplement, enhance or replace existing assets.
- Develop visual measurement systems that enable easy monitoring of equipment. Move to a predictive and preventative team-based culture around total asset management.
Why would you do this?
To (maintain) deliver ideal asset performance throughout its total lifecycle at optimum cost.