In this webinar, Prof Peter Hines will be providing a sneak preview of the results of the extensive research that he has carried out along with Chris Butterworth. The results of the research will be published in a new book called ‘The Essence of Excellence’ later in the year.
In this webinar Prof Peter Hines will be providing:
- An insight into what the best lean companies are doing
- Help you benchmark where you are against the best
- Provide a framework for your own thinking
- Provide some motivation for your future lean journey
In terms of their findings they have concluded that:
- The very best organisations have bridged the gap between excellent technical lean and excellent people management and created a platform for sustainable change.
- They have left tools to be the very last thing to be considered and focused on creating a culture of Improvement.
- Their key to this appears to be:
- Driving their businesses according to a set of Guiding Principles or Values and
- Delivering this through a series of Core Operating Systems
- Within this, the key importance of twinning what we term Behavioural Deployment with existing Strategy Deployment and using this to drive both behavioural and technical improvement
- The role of the senior managers is critical especially in leading this culture change through Leader Standard Work
- Additionally the importance of moving beyond the rhetoric and turning their organisations into continual learning machines