S A Partners have created an interactive Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) awareness course that takes you through the background of TPM step by step. You can access this course by filling out the form below, and you will then receive the awareness course link. The purpose of this interactive awareness course is to get you familiar with TPM (an introduction) and the approach we take here at S A Partners. The style of the course is to self-teach through reading and listening. The session is designed to last 1.5 hour in total. Following the session there will also be an opportunity to take the self assessment.
TPM is a maintenance strategy that involves all employees in the ongoing maintenance of equipment and facilities. The main benefit of TPM is that it can improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) by reducing downtime, increasing productivity, and improving the quality of products. TPM also helps to increase employee engagement and ownership in the maintenance process, and can lead to cost savings by reducing the need for reactive repairs and maintenance.
TPM can improve a business in several ways:
- Increased Productivity: TPM can help to reduce downtime and improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), resulting in increased productivity and output.
- Cost savings: TPM can help to reduce the need for reactive repairs and maintenance, leading to cost savings on labor and spare parts.
- Quality Improvement: By involving employees in the maintenance process, TPM can help to improve the quality of products and reduce defects.
- Employee engagement: TPM can increase employee engagement and ownership in the maintenance process, leading to increased job satisfaction and motivation.
- Safety and environmental performance: TPM can improve the safety of equipment and facilities, reducing the risk of accidents, and can also help to improve environmental performance.
- Continuous improvement: TPM can lead to a culture of continuous improvement within an organization, fostering a mindset of continuous improvement and problem-solving.
Overall, by implementing TPM, a business can improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of their operations, leading to increased profitability.